Thursday, October 1, 2009

Ted Haggard homosexual?

Megan Chicas
Miss Kim
English 10 (2)
1 October 2009








Ted Haggard was a pastor and was completely against homosexuality. He hated gays. Yet he had a gay relationship with another man. He's considered a hypocrite because he had gay sex with this other man for over 3 years. The man that he had a sexual affair with was Mike Jones. He was a prostitute and got paid every time he participated in sexual intercourse with Ted Haggard (He got paid by Ted Haggard).
Ted Haggard captures the audiences sympathy by explaining that he isn't the only person who has gone through this before. He tells stories about other males who have been in the same situation as him the only difference is that they aren't big time ministers. Although it was wrong to have a homosexual relationship with Mike Jones, Ted Haggard claims that he was one of the best things that has ever happened to him. He quotes "I think he rescued me. I'm very grateful to him". Ted Haggard tries to get the audience to feel bad for him and understand his situation much more.
Ted Haggard seemed truthful and passionate about what he admitted. He took pride in what he did and full responsibility. Everyone appreciated his apology and in the end were on his side. He taught his audience how to relate to situations like his and how he fought his own battle. People made the decision to let this whole tragedy blow away because Ted Haggard proved himself in a very mature way.

2 comments:

  1. You were detailed within your essay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Yes, there is an MLA heading.

    2. Your title definitly relates to your article ! Great Job ! :D

    3. I think there's enough background information on the speaker. There's at least the needed information for people to understand his ethos. Fantastic !

    4. Yes, there's a quote. I think you could've gone more into depth about the quote itself and what it symbolized but other than that it's great.

    5. You really showed that Ted Haggard was just another person and totally believable. I really agree that he was passionate about the situation and how he handled it was good.

    6. Great job with spelling and grammar ! I couldn't find any ! :D

    ReplyDelete